Trick or Treat?
How does a recipe for the best Brown Sugar cupcakes in the world sound?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1 scant teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 11 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Fill each well of a paper-lined muffin tin about ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.