Never underestimate the places you might find a delightful new recipe. I picked this one – for Avocado Pear Dip – up while I waited in line at the Community Drug in Benzonia, Michigan. While in the midst of the most severe physical pain I had experienced in nearly 20 years. While on vacation. In a place very far removed from my insurance network. To every gray cloud there is a silver lining.
One of my favorite snacks is chips and dip. This Avocado Pear dip provides a flavorful, creamy alternative to the sour-cream based dips I typically fall victim to. I was very surprised by its flavor, and what I mean by that is, the dip had a lot of flavor. Though I like avocados, I tend to eat them in ways that complement a dish rather than act as the primary flavor.
Take, for example, a sandwich. One of my favorite sandwiches to order is a grilled chicken breast on sourdough bread, topped with provolone cheese, sprouts and avocado. Along those lines, the Avocado Pear dip is easily transferable to a sandwich spread. If my sandwich suggestion is not up your alley, try the avocado dip in place of mayonnaise on any sandwich. I think you will like it. Enjoy!
- 2 avocados, peeled and quartered
- 1 pear, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Allow the dip to chill at least 30 minutes so flavors may meld before serving.