Peppermint stick ice cream is my must eat dessert at Christmas, so I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered pouring this peppermint hot fudge sauce on top of vanilla ice cream tasted exactly like the peppermint stick ice cream I love to eat. It’s even better with a few crushed peppermints sprinkled on top to mimic the crunch of the peppermint sticks in the ice cream.
Today’s post is short and sweet so I can get back to enjoying the holidays with family. I have been in Ohio for a day and have already nearly run out of gasoline with dad, so who knows what else awaits. I wish you and yours a happy holiday season and am looking forward to ringing in a New Year with new recipes soon.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 1 12 ounce bag chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Combine the heavy cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and peppermint extract. Continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted.