Trick or Treat?
How does a recipe for the best Brown Sugar cupcakes in the world sound?
Brown Sugar Cupcakes
Author: Great Grandma McCray
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1 scant teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 11 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Fill each well of a paper-lined muffin tin about ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
It is not necessary to pack the brown sugar when measuring. One cup of milk can be substituted for the yogurt.