Author: adapted from recipes seen at Daily Candy and The Beeroness
- 4 artichokes
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 cup beer for steaming
- Trim the artichokes by cutting one inch off the top removing the stem so the artichoke can sit upright.
- Use kitchen scissors to trim the pointy tips off each petal.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and bacon bits in a bowl.
- Loosen the petals of a choke from the center (so that it looks like a flower in bloom). Fill in each petal with a little of the bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place the artichokes (stems down) in a pot so that they fit snugly and remain upright.
- Fill the pot with an inch or two beer (or water) and place a lid over the top.
- Steam over medium heat for 40-60 minutes or until the petals can be pulled from the center of the vegetable without too much tugging.
Recipe by Love & Flour at http://www.loveandflour.com/stuffed-artichokes/