Author: adapted from recipes seen at Daily Candy and The Beeroness
- 4 artichokes
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 cup beer for steaming
- Trim the artichokes by cutting one inch off the tops and removing the stems so the artichokes can sit upright. Use kitchen scissors to trim the pointy tips off each petal.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and bacon in a bowl.
- Loosen the petals of a choke from the center (so that it looks like a flower in bloom). Fill in each petal with a little of the bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place the artichokes (stems down) in a pot so that they fit snugly and remain upright.
- Fill the pot with an inch or two beer (or water) and place a lid over the top.
- Steam over medium heat for 40-60 minutes or until the petals can be pulled from the center of the vegetable without too much tugging.
Recipe by Love & Flour at http://www.loveandflour.com/stuffed-artichokes/