Sweet Spiced Apples
Author: Taste of Home
- 5 medium apples
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Core or hollow out the centers of apples. Be sure to leave the bottoms fully intact.
- If desired, peel the top third of each apple.
- Combine the cranberries, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon the mixture into the apples.
- Place in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until tender.
- Garnish with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Recipe by Love & Flour at http://www.loveandflour.com/stuffed-sweet-spiced-apples/