Sparkling Rosemary Grapefruit Soda
Author: The Inspired Vegan by Bryant Terry
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grapefruit juice (about two grapefruits)
- 5 cups club soda or plain sparkling water
- Ice, for serving
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnishing
- Combine the plain water, granulated sugar and rosemary in a saucepan over high heat.
- Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is hot to the touch, about three to five minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the rosemary flavor to infuse throughout the syrup.
- When the time has passed, use a mesh strainer (or colander in a pinch) to strain the syrup into a pitcher. Discard the strained rosemary.
- Add the grapefruit juice and stir to combine.
- Immediately before serving, add the club soda or sparkling water and again stir to combine.
- Serve over ice and garnish each glass with sprig of rosemary.
Recipe by Love & Flour at http://www.loveandflour.com/happy-new-years-eve-cocktail-sparkling-rosemary-grapefruit-soda/