Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope you all enjoy a wonderful holiday filled with family, friends, peace, love, happiness, smiles, laughter and dessert.
This malted white hot chocolate is one way to bring a little bit of white into your Christmas no matter where you find yourself. I served my white hot chocolate topped with a few mocha marshmallows. Enjoy!
Malted White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the milk, half-and-half, white chocolate and salt.
- Stir occasionally until the white chocolate is melted and the mixture becomes hot to the touch.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add the malted milk powder and blend for one minute.
- Pour the blended mixture into the saucepan and reheat over low heat until just hot. Do not boil!
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract.
- Enjoy immediately.