Peppermint stick ice cream is my must eat dessert at Christmas, so I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered pouring this peppermint hot fudge sauce on top of vanilla ice cream tasted exactly like the peppermint stick ice cream I love to eat. It’s even better with a few crushed peppermints sprinkled on top to mimic the crunch of the peppermint sticks in the ice cream.
Today’s post is short and sweet so I can get back to enjoying the holidays with family. I wish you and yours a happy holiday season and am looking forward to ringing in a New Year with new recipes soon.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 12 ounce bag chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Combine the heavy cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and peppermint extract. Continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted.
If desired, adjust the consistency of the syrup by adding additional corn syrup once the chocolate is fully melted.