Apricot Almond Quick Bites
1 1/2 cups almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
approximately 20 dried apricots (roughly 3/4 to 1 cup)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cardamon
1/8 teaspoon ginger
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until they resemble a fairly fine flour.
- Add the coconut and the apricots and continue processing.
- Once the mixture is fully incorporated, add the spices and give it a few more pulses to distribute them evenly.
- The mixture should hold its shape when a bit of it is pressed together, but if not, simply add a few more processed apricots to bind it together.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes (to help it hold its shape).
- Form the chilled mixture into small balls of about one tablespoon. The mixture will come together when squeezed and rolled very gently.
- The balls will keep up to a week in the refrigerator or three months in the freezer.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/apricot-almond-quick-bites/