Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- oats for sprinkling on top
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour through salt) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the wet ingredients (bananas through vanilla).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spoon the batter nearly to the top of each.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until the muffins are light brown and toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15-17 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the muffins and place them on a wire rack to continue cooling.
These muffins are best the day they are made. If you can't go through them in a day or two, wrap them up and store them in the freezer. They will thaw within an hour or two when you take them out. The original vegan recipe called for soy or almond milk. It also suggested grapeseed oil. And yes, brown sugar is technically a dry ingredient, but I included it in the group of wet ingredients for ease of writing here.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/banana-blueberry-muffins/