Homemade Chocolate Coconut Candy
Yield approx 45 candies
2 pounds confectioners sugar
1, 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup shredded or flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
1 package chocolate bark coating
- In a large bowl, beat together the powdered sugar, condensed milk, butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the coconut and nuts and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Chill for at least one hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to prepare, scoop tablespoons of the mixture, roll into balls, and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave, heating 30 seconds at a time and then stirring until completely melted.
- Dip the prepared candy balls into the melted chocolate one at a time, then place on a separate cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Allow the chocolate to set and enjoy.
The candy comes together easier if you work in batches. Roll two dozen balls, then refrigerate one dozen while dipping the second dozen in chocolate and so forth.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/chocolate-coconut-candy-balls/