It might be unfair to call something as simple as honey-baked peaches a recipe, but like cake from a box mix, lack of effort does not have to equal lack of taste. All you need to enjoy this sweet bite of summer are peaches, honey, and an oven.
Simply drizzle the peaches with honey, pop them in the oven for 20 minutes or so, and dessert is on the table. Preferably, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. You could also slice the baked peaches and stir them into some oatmeal in the morning.
I made this recipe way too simple, but if you want to jazz it up for a special dessert night, check out the original beauties with candied pecans. You might also want to try some flavor-infused honey on your peaches for something a little different.
If you have some extra time and want to get slightly more complicated with your baked fruit dessert, cheesecake-stuffed baked peaches are never a bad idea. Enjoy!
- fresh peaches
- at least 1 tablespoon honey
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Halve and pit the peaches and place them cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the peaches with honey and bake at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes until softened.
- Allow the peaches a few minutes to cool, then serve over vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with a bit more honey if desired.