Mini Meatball Skillet
Yield 4-6 servings
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1, 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Stir together the breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl and allow the mixture to soak for a minute or two.
- Lightly whisk the egg in a small bowl and then add to the breadcrumb mixture in the large bowl.
- Add the beef, pork, garlic, parsley, nutmeg, and Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the large bowl and use your hands to gently combine the ingredients. Be careful not to overwork the mixture or the beef will get tough.
- Roll a bit of the mixture between your palms to form a meatball just smaller than a golf ball and set it aside on a plate. Repeat until all of the meat is formed into balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the jar of marinara sauce.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and allow the meatballs to simmer in the sauce until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella.
- Allow the dish to rest for about 10 minutes before serving, giving the mozzarella time to melt.
You can use 1 pound ground beef for the meatballs if you don't want to buy 1/2 pound of both ground beef and ground pork.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/mini-meatball-skillet/