Chocolate Beer Balls
- 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup (preferably dark)
- 1/2 cup chocolate beer
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, 1 cup of powdered sugar, chopped almonds, cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Stir in the corn syrup and beer and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to help set the mixture for rolling.
- When the dough is chilled and somewhat firm, roll the dough into small balls.
- Next roll the balls in the remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar until lightly coated.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
If you plan to prepare this dessert in advance, I recommend waiting until immediately before serving to coat the balls with the powdered sugar. The chocolate balls will absorb most of the sugar, so waiting until the last minute to coat them will improve their look. This dough is pretty soft, so you may want to work in batches when rolling it into balls, keeping the dough you are not working with refrigerated. Likewise, you may find it easier to coat the balls in powdered sugar if you refrigerate them for another 30 minutes or so after rolling and before coating.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/oktoberfest-chocolate-beer-balls/