Quinoa Chocolate Bark
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and dried
1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 pound quality dark chocolate, chopped
- Warm the olive oil in a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add the quinoa and allow it to toast until lightly browned, gently shaking the saucepan back and forth over the heat, about five minutes.
- Stir together the toasted quinoa, toasted almonds, and sea salt. Reserve about three tablespoons of this mixture to sprinkle on top of the bark.
- Now melt the chocolate over a double boiler, stirring often to avoid scorching.
- Pour all but the reserved three tablespoons of the toasted quinoa and almond mixture into the melted chocolate and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper and top with the reserved quinoa and almond mixture.
- Allow to sit until set, about two hours, then break into pieces and enjoy.
To toast the almonds, simply place them on a baking tray and allow them to sit in an oven heated to 350 degrees for a few minutes. They are done when their aroma infuses the air. Keep a close eye on the nuts during this step because they can burn very quickly.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/quinoa-almond-chocolate-bark/