Yield 12 muffins
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
at least 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
optional: additional chocolate chips or mini-chocolate chips for decorating
- Toss the chocolate chips with two teaspoons of the flour and set aside.
- Whisk the remaining flour together with the graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, and eggs until smooth.
- Pour this smooth liquid mixture into the large bowl with the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and flour you set aside to kick-off this muffin-making endeavor.
- Divide the batter among the paper-lined wells of a muffin tin, pouring each about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When the muffins are fully cooled, top each with a small dollop marshmallow creme and sprinkle with chocolate chips to decorate, if desired.
I bought a box of crushed graham cracker crumbs for this recipe. If you crush your own, about 15 whole crackers should yield about 1 1/2 cups, according to the original recipe.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/smores-muffins/