Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon butter
1 large pear, finely chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup crumbled bacon, fully cooked
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Pierce the sweet potatoes in several places with a fork, wrap each in aluminum foil, and place the wrapped potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes at 350 degrees F for approximately one hour until tender.
- While the potatoes cool, plump the dried cranberries. Place the cranberries in a bowl and pour cover them with warm water (a few will float).
- While the dried cranberries fatten up, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped pear and sauté until tender and slightly golden, about 4 minutes.
- Drain the plump cranberries and add them to the skillet along with the walnuts, bacon, ginger, and brown sugar.
- Sauté about a minute to warm, then remove from heat.
- Slit each potato lengthwise and use a fork to gently mash the pulp inside each potato.
- Mound 1 cup of the filling mixture into and onto the sweet potatoes.
- Garnish each potato with one tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese.
The amount of filling this recipe makes could easily be spread across three sweet potatoes. Simply go a bit lighter than one cup of filling per potato.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/stuffed-sweet-potatoes/