Swedish Chocolate Balls
Yield approximately 24 balls
3 1/4 cups oats
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups shredded of flaked coconut or chocolate cookie crumbs
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, sifted powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, add it to the oat mixture, and use a pastry cutter or fork to incorporate the butter into the oats. Using your hands to achieve a crumbly mixture is perfectly acceptable too.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla extract until well combined. Using a rubber spatula works great here.
- Form the mixture into balls. I used a two tablespoon scoop, but you can make them smaller.
- Roll each chocolate ball in the coconut or cookie crumbs until well coated.
A 1/2 cup chilled brewed coffee can be used in place of the milk.
If you have a food processor, giving the coconut a few spins around will make coating the balls a bit easier. Finely chopped nuts is also an option for the coating.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/swedish-chocolate-balls/