Triple Ginger Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium-low heat.
- Remove from the heat once melted and stir in the molasses, brown sugar and fresh ginger. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the beaten egg to the cooled molasses mixture and stir to combine.
- Slowly stir this mixture into the dry flour mixture.
- Fold the apricots and crystallized ginger into the cookie dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, shape the dough into half-inch balls and roll in turbinado sugar.
- Place the cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/triple-ginger-cookies-2013-cookie-swap/