Yield 16 -18
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canola or similar oil
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup raisins (I used golden)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oil, syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the oats, coconut, raisins, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, then gently flatten the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes until the edges of the cookies are golden.
The original recipe indicated 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour can also be used in place of all-purpose flour. The recipe also indicated maple syrup could be used in place of agave syrup.I opted to omit the walnuts indicated above, and instead used 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips in their place.
Recipe by Love & Flour at https://www.loveandflour.com/vacation-cookies/